PERM Labor Certifications
If a company wishes to bring a foreign national into the U.S. to fill a position for which it cannot find a qualified U.S. worker, it must demonstrate the shortage to the Department of Labor. This process, called Program Electronic Review Management (PERM) is complex and requires extensive documentation.
Steven C. Thal, P.A., serving employers in the Upper Midwest and across the country, helps employers obtain labor certification approval and visas for executive, professional, and technical employees.
Steven C. Thal, P.A. can:
- Advise you concerning the labor certification process
- Prepare the labor certification request (ETA Form 9089)
- Collect, organize, and prepare all required documentation
- Submit the labor certification request and documentation to the Department of Labor
- Follow up to make sure the request gets approved
- Prepare and submit the employer based petition
- Prepare and file the Adjustment of Status application or visa packet
Assistance Throughout The Process
Obtaining approval to bring a foreign national into the U.S. to fill an open position is a two-stage process. The employer must first prove to the Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration (ETA) that it cannot find a qualified U.S. citizen to fill the position. Then it must submit an employment visa application to the Department of State through the normal process.
Steven C. Thal, P.A. will help you understand and navigate the entire PERM process, from start to finish. Attorney Steven C. Thal and staff understand what the government agencies are looking for and how to prepare successful alien labor certification applications and visa applications. If a problem does arise during the process, the firm’s experience enables it to resolve the matter in a timely fashion. Obtaining the right talent at the right time can enable a business to achieve its growth and profit potential.