Steven C. Thal
- Immigration & Naturalization Law 100%
- Naturalization & Citizenship
- Asylum and Deportation
- Employer-Based Immigration
- Employee-Based Immigration
- Family-Based Immigration
- Consular Processing
I have been practicing immigration law since 1982 in Minneapolis, Minnesota. I am a 1982 graduate cum laude of the University of Minnesota Law School. Prior to law school I spent two years in the Peace Corps in Ecuador, South America. I received a Bachelor of Elected Studies Degree from the University of Minnesota College of Liberal Arts in 1977. I am a past Chair of the Immigration Section of the Minnesota State Bar Association. I have served as a past Chair of the Minnesota/Dakotas American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) Chapter and has previously served as Vice Chair and Secretary/Treasurer. I have served on the AILA Essential Workers Committee, AILA Immigration Works Committee, AILA InfoNet Committee, and have chaired the Technology Seminar Committee and the Legislative Ways and Means Committee. I am an AILA mentor on St. Paul DHS District Office procedures, and have served as an AILA mentor on immigration issues to Congressional offices. I edited articles for AILA's publication, Immigration Law Today as part of the editorial advisory board.
I am a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, Minnesota State Bar Association, American Association for Justice, Minnesota Advocates for Human Rights and various other professional and civic groups. I hold an "A-V" rating from Martindale-Hubbell and am listed in their Directory of Preeminent Lawyers. Minneapolis-St. Paul Magazine and Twin Cities Business Monthly have recognized me as a "Super Lawyer" in immigration law. I have received the AILA National Presidential Commendation for "creative and tireless advocacy" on behalf of immigrants. I am a Trustee Emeritus of the Board of Trustees of the American Immigration Law Foundation. I have spoken and written for various immigration law seminars.
Steven C. Thal is an attorney practicing immigration law in Minnetonka, Minnesota. He is a 1982 graduate cum laude of the University of Minnesota Law School. Prior to law school he spent two years in the Peace Corps in Ecuador, South America. He received a Bachelor of Elected Studies Degree from the University of Minnesota College of Liberal Arts in 1977.
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- J.D. - 1982
- Honors: cum laude
- University of Minnesota
- B.E.S. - 1977
- Minnesota, 1982
- Super Lawyer for the Years 2003-2004, 2006-2012, 2016-2020
- A-V Preeminent®: The highest peer rating standard
- Listed in Directory of Preeminent Lawyers with Martindale-Hubbell
- National Presidential Award for Tireless and Creative Advocacy
- American Immigration Council, Trustee Emeritus
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- Minnesota Advocates for Human Rights, Member
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Member
- National Board of Trustees Emeritus
Current Employment Position
- Managing Attorney, Steven C. Thal, P.A.