Achieving Immigration Success For Over 40 Years

We Help Immigrants Obtain Asylum And Remain In The U.S.

At Steven C. Thal, P.A., in Greater Minneapolis, Minnesota, we represent clients who come to us from throughout the United States and throughout the world. We have handled the cases of many Somalis, Liberians and individuals from African and Central American countries. We also represent people who have received asylum in the United States and are now seeking to sponsor their family members as refugees.

We handle a broad range of immigration, asylum and refugee matters, including:

  • Asylee petitions
  • Adjustment of status
  • Withholding of removal
  • Convention Against Torture Relief

United States Asylum Law

In order to obtain asylum in the United States, your lawyer must be able to demonstrate that you have experienced past persecution on any of these five grounds: race, religion, national origin, membership in a particular group or having a particular political opinion. You may also be able to receive asylum if your lawyer can show that you have a well-founded fear of future persecution based on those grounds.

Each case is different. Our Minneapolis law firm has handled many different cases for people in unique situations. We have been able to have U.S. courts grant asylum for gang members, as well as women facing female genital mutilation in their home countries or those facing domestic violence without protection from the governments in their home countries.

Asylum law is complex. Unfortunately, many people who believe that they should be eligible for asylum are not under the United States strict asylum laws. If you have come from your home country to the United States seeking asylum, you need an experienced immigration lawyer with a background in humanitarian law who can fight for you.

Contact Our Refugee And Asylum Lawyers

If you are considering obtaining your asylum or refugee status, talking to an experienced lawyer can help you get the best possible results. You can contact us online, or call our office at 612-424-2942 or toll free at 800-265-7441.

Our attorneys are fluent in Spanish. Hablamos español.