Achieving Immigration Success For Over 35 Years

We Bring A Caring Approach To Humanitarian Immigration Cases

Humanitarian reasons for immigration require assistance from an experienced lawyer. Since 1982, Steven C. Thal, P.A., has been using in-depth knowledge, experience and skill to achieve the best possible results for clients facing a range of humanitarian issues.

We handle many immigration matters related to human rights issues, including:

  • Obtaining temporary protected status
  • U visas providing protection to crime victims
  • T visas providing protection to victims of trafficking
  • Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) providing protection to a battered spouse, child or parent of a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
  • Special immigrant juvenile petitions
  • Humanitarian parole
  • Stays of removal
  • Prosecutorial discretion in deportation and humanitarian matters

Battered Spouse, Children And Parents

If you have been subject to domestic violence, we can file an immigrant visa petition for you under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA). VAWA allows certain spouses, children and parents of U.S. citizens and permanent residents to seek safety from an abuser by filing a petition without the abuser’s knowledge.

We can help you understand whether you meet the eligibility requirements for spouses, parents or children under VAWA. If your petition is approved, you may be able to work in the United States and file for a green card. Your children may also be eligible to apply for green cards.

Meet With Our Humanitarian Immigration Lawyers

If a humanitarian issue could affect your immigration status or the status of a loved one, talking to an experienced Minneapolis human rights lawyer can help you get the best possible results. Contact us online or call our office at 612-424-2942 or toll free at 800-265-7441.

Our attorneys are fluent in Spanish. Hablamos español.